Partners in Recovery
Recovery is part of the mission of Hope Academy. All students sign the Hope Academy Recovery Commitment to show their intentions and dedication to being a student in recovery at Hope Academy.
Along with the recovery commitment students are required to comply with specific recovery requirements. Hope Academy staff can modify these requirements as needed to assist students with recovery issues.
Students are required to:
- Attend and show verification of attendance for a minimum of two 12-Step meetings a week
- Have a sponsor verified by Hope Academy staff, and make a minimum of 2 contacts weekly with this sponsor
- Engage in the use of recovery tools (90-in-90 Journal, Unpackings, etc.)
- Report relapses within 24 hours to Hope Academy Recovery Coach or Principal
- Be actively working one of the 12-Steps
Upon enrollment, students will be given approximately 14 days to obtain a sponsor and attend their first meeting (exclusion from the school community may be required until the requirements are met).