What to Know As a Hope Parent
Thank you for visiting the parent resources page! We believe it’s important for Hope Academy parents to understand what’s happening in their student’s life. Here are some of the basics about Hope:
We serve students in grades nine through 12. School begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 3:20 p.m. Students are expected to arrive on time and in their uniform (khakis and a Hope Academy polo). While tuition is free at Hope, we do charge a textbook/resource fee. Like all public schools, Hope Academy offers free and reduced lunch for students who are eligible. Please notify the Hope Academy staff if your student needs transportation. We offer three pick-up and drop-off locations throughout the city upon request and a northside bus that runs between Westfield and Noblesville. Hope is also on the #19 IndyGo bus route if that is more convenient (see the IndyGo bus schedule for more details).
More about Hope Academy:
- We accept students who have been suspended or expelled for drug- or alcohol-related issues.
- Students earn a high school diploma that meets college admission standards.
- Leadership opportunities such as student planning committees are available.
- We offer remedial support learning and credit recovery programs for students who are behind in school work.
- At Hope, we provide a comprehensive, differentiated curriculum for the many types of learners that walk through our doors. Our student-to-teacher ratio allows plenty of opportunities for one-on-one time. We also have a full-time recovery coach who can assist students with a recovery plan. If you would like to learn more about what’s happening in your student’s classrooms, please visit our teacher’s personal pages. There you will find information about your student’s teachers, as well as classroom exceptions, materials and assignments.